August 31, 2005

Beyond

I cannot describe it, what I feel in here.
Ladakh. Ladakh. Ladakh...Flying in here over the Himalayas, over the first snowy ridges, followed by glacier-licked valleys, after which empty polished redish-brown mountains and on the horizon K2...

Coming out of the plane it struck me so, wobbly-legged I climbed to the ground. It must have been the combination of being awake for 24 h, the coffees that I had, the thinness of air and the absolute beauty and serenety of the place. Never have I seen anything like it before. Dumbfounded and stupefied, I am.

Leh-dry high altitute desert, Indus slowly flowing from Tibet towards Pakistan; air cool, almost mintfresh, sun glowing, oven-warm. Tomorrow the Ladakh festival will start. To my surprise Dalai Lama will be here. I will go to listen to his lecture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home